Apr 28, 2010

Guu gastown

Guu Gastown

So I am done with my exams and.. Today marked an end to my 2nd year in university. For some reason, I feel as though I have to go back to school next week and start studyin again. Maybe it's because of weather or maybe I am just not ready to face the fact that I will be 3rd year in September.


Anyways I will think about that later. TODAY! It was my first time going to "Guu gastown". I've been to all the guus in Vancouver (Aberdeen, Robson, the one at the corner, garden) except this one! Olivia told me about how awesome it was and she totally loveddd one of the dishes and I really wanted to try it. (I forgot what it was called..) Unfortunately, the dish was not available today. I guess that means I have to go back next time




When I first walked in, the lighting was dim (like all the guus except garden) but I really liked the atmosphere. Jazz music was on and the interior design looked antique but modern at the same time. We ordered cocktails first. There were so many choices to choose from and I ended up ordering the Margaret jump (the red one in the picture. Not quite sure why they call it" jumps" but they have frozen flavoured ice balls inside the cocktail).





Pola and Olvi with their jumps

tuna tataki
sashimi salad
maguro with fire colour sauce
yakiudon
ebi tartar

We ate so quickly and finished all of our food in an hour.
We felt obliged to stay for a bit longer so we ordered cocktail pitcher
(only fills 3 and half cups) and Japanese fries with honey mayo.
the honey mayo sauce was really good and the sweet potato fries were very crispy. I realized that mayo is one of the essetial ingredient to every sauce that are used at guu. I dont' usually like mayo, but I do love the mayo that they use! I always go back to the mayo after I am done eating the dishes and eat the mayo by itself. mmmmm<3>

smileee alyssa!
Alyssa is pouring mouthwash for all of us :) it seemed as though she was pouring soju XD haha we had a good laugh

YAY clean teeth


When we walked out of the restaurant, I saw this sign and fell in love with it! We had to take pictures.
PEACE LOVE


gas town is beautiful at night because of all the lighting. I am definitely going to come back to explore gastown again!


No comments:

Post a Comment